Sunday, November 11, 2012

Friday Flashback Link Up on Sunday

 I am linking up with Amanda from Teaching Maddeness for Flashback Friday.  (A little late but at least I have joined the party!)This last week was sooooo much fun studing the election! My little firsties had very strong opinions about who was going to win and on Wednesday and Thursday there were a wide range of emotions to talk through and most important a great teaching moment for writing! We wrote letters to President Obama and we will mail them to the White House this week! My cadett teacher taugtht the lesson using an example letter on an anchor chart!
You can follow the Teacher to the Core for a great resource to common core and a link the election freebies I incorporated in my lesson plans. Here are links to my election and post-election activities! 


On a side note, this is a necklace I purchased from Boutique Blonde and I wish I would purchase one for every teacher in my building, and every blogger who is following me, along with bloggers who have been an inspiration to me while giving me tools for my classroom! I will be giving one away when it arrives!

 
Have a fabulous week:)
 
 

3 comments:

  1. First of all, love all of your election stuff! I bet your kiddos loved writing to President Obama. How fun!

    Secondly, thank you, thank you, thank you for the gift cards! I am so excited that I won your giveaway. :)

    I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is adorable! Thanks for linking up to the party (it's never too late!)...your kiddos will be so excited when they get a response from the President!! ;)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just nominated you for the Libster award for newbie bloggers. Come by and check it out if you get a chance. Lattes&Laughter

    ReplyDelete